Ha! The title alone makes me laugh out loud. Actually laugh out loud that I had to type it out vs just typing LOL. Why? Because I’m sooo not a cooking person, but I will become one. It’s something we all do. Everyday. Eat!
This blog post is an emotional one for me. My video on Facebook to cook this meal may seem more upbeat, but after news from doctor and also getting real with myself that it has been too long. I have allowed myself to not take care of myself for too long. I am making change.
I used to prioritize my work outs. I would plan social events around 5ks. I’m ready to get back to this. I let my career take priority and travel get in my way vs understanding the exhaustion and figuring out a way to make a routine out of what is my life as I do really love my job.
So today is the day everything changes. I prioritize me, my health, my routine. I hope you join me in my journey to explore cooking, find fun ways to work out, stay accountable and shrink right before your eyes. I’m going to need some support and engagement so any comment or note really matters.
Lets get to what I ate tonight. Although it’s my first “cooking show” I didn’t really “cook” tonight, but it is a START and honestly that is what anyone facing anything must do. Find ways to take baby steps and just start.
What you’ll need:
- Chicken – I had daily made from local grocery store. Made 4 meals.
- Bell Peppers – 9 made 4 meals for me.
- Zucchini – 1
- Meal Prep Containers – click this link for new ones I’ve ordered from Amazon.
- Coconut Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- The chicken was already made so you just have to cut it up into 4 meals.
- After slicing the vegetables I simmered the peppers and zucchini with coconut oil on the stove for 10 minutes stirring to make sure it didn’t burn. I added some salt and pepper.
- Nope, no step 3. THAT’S IT! No excuses had the most delicious dinner tonight and feeling FULL!
I use white plates for my meals to pop. Also had water tonight. No wine. Really moving towards eating clean and saving the wine for fun occasions.
It made enough for 4 meals so I packaged those up for later this week. Just have to heat it up and ready to go! Even if it’s a long day or a drive thru feels like it would just be easier than cooking a meal….it’s grab a tray and microwave! I can do this! You with me?